We Loved Costa Rica
We just got back from Costa Rica and we loved it. Costa Rica is a rugged, rainforested Central American country. And the country has coastlines on the Caribbean and Pacific. The country is served by two International Airports, San José and Liberia.
Costa Rica is an incredible country with friendly and hospitable people. And we are already planning our next trip back. Here are 5 reasons you should visit Costa Rica.
5 Reasons To Visit Costa Rica
- Biodiversity: Costa Rica accounts for only 0.03 percent of the earth’s surface. And it contains nearly 6 percent of the world’s biodiversity. National Parks and Reserves make up over 25% of Costa Rica’s land area and the government does an excellent job at protecting the country’s natural beauty. We spent five days on the Papagayo Peninsula. And we saw so many different types of wildlife including the White Headed Capuchin Monkeys, Coatis, Sea Turtles, Pseudo-Orca Whales and Mantled Howler Monkeys. Oh and if you are out at night, you’ll see plenty of Costa Rican bats.
- Food: The food we ate in Costa Rica was incredible. Some traditional and yummy Costa Rican dishes include Gallo Pinto, a breakfast dish made of rice and beans, Arroz Con Pollo, a very traditional dish made with rice and chicken, and Patacones which are fried Plantains. We also loved having baked plantains for breakfast which were served with cheese and cinnamon. Needless to say we never went hungry and we really enjoyed the authentic Costa Rican dishes.
- Natural Beauty: Costa Rica is a beautiful country. From coastlines on the Caribbean and Pacific to jungles to rocky cliffs and volcanoes, the natural wanderlust in Costa Rica is stunning.
- The Sunsets: Seeing the sun slowly sink into the Pacific Ocean at sunset is breathtaking. Combine the sunset with the beautiful and rugged coastlines, well it just doesn’t get any better than a Costa Rican sunset.
- The Coffee: If you’ve read our blog, you know we are coffee lovers. And to be frank, Costa Rican coffee is some of the best we’ve had. Seriously, so good. We took a coffee class one afternoon and it was one of the best activities we did on our trip!
So Do Yourself A Favor….
And book a trip to Costa Rica. And as a bonus reason to visit Costa Rica, the people are incredible. They are welcoming, genuine, hospitable and extremely friendly. Everywhere we went they made us feel welcome and the people truly made our trip special. So put Costa Rica on your radar for places to visit. And if you need recommendations on places to stay, see our review of the El Mangroove and Andaz Papagayo.