We are obsessed with pumpkin! This delicious Basic Pumpkin Roll is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. The moist pumpkin spice cake paired with the vanilla cream cheese filling will leave you in heaven. These are really fun to make but take some practice, so don’t sweat it if your first Pumpkin Roll doesn’t turn out perfect.
Basic Pumpkin Roll
There is nothing better than the creaminess of a pumpkin roll. Pumpkin Rolls are fun to make this time of the year and can be mass produced once you get the hang of it. If you are like us and love pumpkin anything, then you are bound to like this decadent moist cake with it's cream cheese center.
- For the cake
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup ll-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- For the filling
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- More powdered sugar for garnish, if desired
- Step 1 For cake: Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan line with parchment paper. Grease and flour paper.
- Step 2 Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in larger mixer bowl until thick and pale yellow in color. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Step 3 Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Using edges of parchment paper slide off the baking sheet and onto a flat surface. Using the paper roll the cake up, starting with the narrow end and finishing with the seam on the bottom. Cool on wire rack.
- Step 4 For filling: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake
- Step 5 remove paper. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Step 6 Re-roll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.