If you are like us, you can’t wait until Starbucks gets PSL (Pumpkin Spice Lattes) back each year. There is nothing better on a crisp fall day than enjoying a delicious pumpkin spice latte.
But drinking these decadent drinks can get rather expensive. That’s why we have come up with our own Pumpkin Spice Latte Sauce. If you have an espresso machine at home, you can use this delicious pumpkin spice latte sauce to make an outstanding latte.
Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
Pumpkin Spice Latte Sauce
This is just as good if not better than the sauce used at major coffee chains.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar + 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon + 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Step 1 Mix water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring regularly, until sugar is dissolved completely into a simple syrup, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Stir 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice into 1/2 cup of pumpkin.
- Step 3 Stir 6 tablespoons pumpkin mixture, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice into the sauce. Bring liquid again to a simmer and cook until the sauce is well-spiced, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Strain the mixture through a sheet of cheesecloth. Return liquid to the saucepan over low heat.
- Step 5 Stir sweetened condensed milk and remaining 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie filling into the spiced sauce and cook, stirring regularly, until the pumpkin dissolves into the liquid, about 5 minutes.