Fall is almost here, which here in Idaho is one of our best seasons. Those cool crisp mornings followed by warm sunny afternoons are picturesque. If you think pumpkin spice should only be consumed in a latte, think again! Let us tell you about one of Brandon’s favorite cookies; Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles.
If you like traditional snickerdoodles and pumpkin pie then these cookies are guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. These Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles are really quick and easy to whip up not to mention the smell that will fill your house when baking is heavenly.
Pumpkin Spice Snicker-doodles
These pumpkin spice snicker-doodles will definitely get you in the mood for fall. If you are craving pumpkin everything you should give these cookies a try, you won't be disappointed.
- For the cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the spiced sugar coating
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Step 1 Use an electric hand or stand mixer to cream together butter, 1 cup white sugar, and 1/2 cup light brown sugar.
- Step 2 Add the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until creamy and well combined.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Step 4 Add dry mixture to wet mixture, in increments, beating well after each addition.
- Step 5 Cover and refrigerate dough for at least an hour or longer.
- Step 6 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper (if not using parchment or wax paper, do not grease baking sheets).
- Step 7
- Step 8 Mix the coating ingredients together in a small dish.
- Step 9 Shape refrigerated dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on the parchment or wax paper lined or ungreased baking sheets. Return dough to refrigerator in between baking each sheet.
- Step 10 Bake 8 to 10 minutes, just until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for only a minute or two and then transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.